The University of Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research invites applications from prospective candidates for the 2014/2015 scholarships. This is awarded to enable successful applicants gain outstanding education in the field of ageing and age-related diseases and provides high-end, interdisciplinary research and comprehensive education for young scientists aiming at a top career in aging research.
The program aim is to train a new generation of biomedical scientists who will make fundamental scientific discoveries into the basic biology of ageing and may translate them into improvements in health and life for people as they grow older.
The PhD project can be carried out in one of the four partner institutes:
- The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing,
- The Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research,
- The center of advanced European studies and research or
- The University of Cologne).
A thesis committee will provide comprehensive support and mentorship for career development. The doctoral programme includes seminars and courses in ageing research as well as practical career development opportunities.
Worth of Award
- Their students receive a full three year scholarship for the duration of the programme. The environment is international. All communication and courses are conducted in English.
- Three-year fully funded fellowship
- excellent research environment for ageing research
- interdisciplinary and structured PhD programme in English
- intensive support for international students
- They encourage qualified, motivated and talented students holding an M.Sc. or equivalent in biology or related subjects to apply.
- They also accept applicants with a medical degree who can prove sufficient research experience in a relevant field.
- Applicants should be fluent in written and spoken English and should have completed their degree by the start of the programme in October 2014.
How to Apply
- To apply or to obtain further information about CECAD and Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing visit the Max Planck website or the CECAD website (see link below).
- Enter the following reference number in the online application form: GS2-14HPCA.
Deadline: The application deadline is February 24, 2014.