The University of Heidelberg Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences invites applications from highly motivated, excellent PhD students with a strong interest in interdisciplinary research for the 2014 doctoral scholarship.
The Graduate School offers a dynamic and collaborative research and study environment with an excellent national and international network.
Worth of Award
- Successful applicants will benefit from a structured graduate programme which contains a large selection of core seminars and other courses in English and German.
- The scholarships of € 1.110 per month are intended for national and international applicants and have a duration of two years, with the possibility of a one-year extension.
- Applicants must hold an M.A. or equivalent in one of the disciplines of the Humanities or Social Sciences with an above-average grade (at least 1.7, 5.5, B+, 2+, “magna cum laude”, or similar).
- The transcript has to indicate at least four years of study at the university level. Excellent knowledge of English or German, in addition to another language, is expected. Knowledge of German can be acquired or improved during the first year of the programme.
- Applicants are expected to contact a potential supervisor in Heidelberg in order to discuss their research plans and to obtain his or her supervision agreement
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online on their website (see link below)
Deadline: The deadline for submission is March 15, 2014. Successful candidates will be invited to present their projects to the Selection Committee at an interview in Heidelberg or via Skype in mid-May 2014.