The Europeans Union offers Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the Master of Textile Engineering(WE-TEAM) in the 2022/23 academic session.
WE-TEAM is a two year Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) Programme to educate the next generation of textile engineers.
The Master of Textile Engineering is a two-year master’s programme in the field of textile engineering. The programme was developed in the framework of and with full support of the Erasmus programme of the European Union. It was and still is a unique programme offering advanced education in Textile Engineering in which the latest developments in the textile field as well as contemporary teaching methods are incorporated. The most renowned specialists in the multidisciplinary domain of textiles in Europe and beyond are brought together. The programme benefits from significant industry participation. Graduates have acquired knowledge, skills and attitudes that ensure their impact on technological innovation, creativity, quality and management in industry as well as in academia.
The programme of the Master of Textile Engineering is a full-time programme, organised at different locations, lectured in English. All major universities in Europe and worldwide offering a textile degree participate in the programme. As such, the programme benefits from the strengths of all participating universities, allowing to cover all modern areas related to textiles.
The first three semesters are organised at a different host university. The fourth and last semester is dedicated to the dissertation at one of the participating universities (to be chosen by the student) under supervision of a tutor, possibly in co-operation with the industry.
Students who are admitted spend one year and a half (three semesters) in three geographically spread regions in Europe where they are taught by a large number of professors of the participating universities as well as from industry. Each lecturer passes on his or her specific knowledge in a course module covering one or two weeks.
Next to the traditional lecturing methods, active methods are used such as blended learning, case studies, projects, practical work in laboratories etc. To link theory with practice, industry is actively involved.
Worth of Award
The EMJMD student scholarships will include student participation costs (including the consortium fees and full insurance coverage), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme. Details on the EMJMD student scholarship amounts are given below:
Contribution to the participation costs:
- Up to €9.000 per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country
- Up to €4.500 per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country
Contribution to travel and installation costs:
- €1.000 per year per scholarship holder resident in a Programme Country for travel costs
- €2.000 per year for travel costs + €1.000 for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country less than 4.000km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI
- €3.000 per year for travel costs + €1.000 for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country 4.000km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI
Contribution to subsistence costs:
- €1.000 per month for the entire duration of the programme (max. 24 months)
Applicants should hold a Bachelor degree:
in Engineering or Science
min 180 ECTS/3 years or equivalent
min 15 ECTS in maths, min 10 ECTS in chemistry and physics or equivalent
(for Japanese University graduates: min 10 credits in maths, min 5 credits in chemistry and min 5 credits in physics)
from a recognised university
The WE-TEAM programme is taught in English thus an English language proficiency is a basic requirement. One of the following certificates that are not older than 5 years from the start of the programme (September) must be submitted:
B2 Cambridge Certificate
IELTS Certificate with a minimum overall score of 6.5 with at least 6 for writing
TOEFL Certificate with a minimum score of 570 (paper) or 86 (internet)
TOEIC Certificate with a minimum score of 1560 calculated as (Listening&Reading score + Writing&Speaking score multiplied by 2.5)
How to Apply
First you need to create a WE-TEAM account. Next you enter all required data in the Application Form. The steps and links are described below:
- Determine whether you are eligible for the WE-TEAM programme by checking the Admission requirements page.
- When applications are open, create a WE-TEAM account by clicking the “Click to register button”. Note: there is one single Application Form for both admission to the programme and the scholarship application.
- Fill out the online Application Form* by clicking the “Click to apply button”. Submit it prior to the set deadlines.
- Prepare all your hard copy documents (including legalisations) and make sure to send these via regular mail to the WE-TEAM Office (Ghent, Belgium) prior to the set deadlines.
- In case your file has been evaluated as positive by the Selection Committee, you will be invited for an on-line interview, which is the last phase in the Application Procedure.
Deadline: Application deadline for candidates applying for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is February 28, 2022