The Europeans Union offers Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for the Master of Science in Nanomedicine in the 2023/24 academic session.
Given the present and future challenges of unmet medical needs and health issues in a European and global perspective, there is a huge expectation on innovative approaches such as Nanomedicine in the fields of therapy, diagnosis and theranostic (combination of therapy and diagnosis).
Europe must be a competitive arena for the development and successful implementation of new sustainable medicine/therapies based on nanosystems, contributing to a better life for Europe’s population and creating opportunities in the field of life sciences. One of the major needs is to develop new International curriculums at the MsC level as identified by the European Technology Platform for Nanomedicine (ETPN) in the report entitled “Education and Training Needs in Nanomedicine”. This report stresses out that there is an unmet need for an international training in the application of Nanomedicine to drug delivery within the currently existing European Master’s programmes.
The NANOMED EMJMD aiming at educating young scientists about the general principles of drug development and focuses more specifically on Drug Delivery Systems and Pharmaceutical Technology using both classical dosage forms and innovative delivery systems. It provides essential knowledge to go from basic training in Drug Delivery to advanced knowledge in Nanomedicine. Joining the NANOMED EMJMD is a great opportunity for future graduates to tackle Nanomedicine through multi-disciplinary perspectives and to learn about the latest advances in the field of Nanotechnology on the development of Advanced Particulate Drug Delivery Systems.
Worth of Award
The EMJMD student Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Nanomedicine will include student participation costs (including the consortium fees and full insurance coverage), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme. Details on the EMJMD student scholarship amounts are given below:
Contribution to the participation costs
- 8 500 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Partner Country
- 4 250 EUR per year per scholarship holder from a Programme Country
Contribution to travel and installation costs
- 1 000 EUR per year per scholarship holder resident in a Programme Country for travel costs.
- 2 000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1 000 EUR for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country less than 4000 km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
- 3 000 EUR per year for travel costs + 1 000 EUR for installation costs for a scholarship holder, resident in a Partner Country 4 000 km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI.
Contribution to the subsistence costs
- 1 000 EUR per month for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme (24 months maximum). Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to the scholarship holders for the EMJMD periods (study/research/placement/thesis preparation) spent in their country of residence, nor to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding one trimester (i.e. 3 months or the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
- The whole point of the NANOMED EMJMD is to get you familiar with Nanomedicine, so having previously studied Nanomedicine is not a prerequisite.
- They do accept students with very diverse backgrounds such as: biology, biotechnology, chemistry and medicine in addition to pharmacy students.
- However, please bear in mind that the training the NANOMED EMJMD is offering is related to pharmaceutical technology so you have to clearly demonstrate your interest and competences in this area.
- The Executive committee will pay particular attention to the reasons why you want to study Nanomedicine and the general relevance of getting an expertise in this field of study according to your career plan.
How to Apply
All applications FOR Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Nanomedicine must be submitted through the online application tool; no document will be accepted by email or post.
Before the deadline is met you have to:
- fill all mandatory field
- attach each mandatory document
- press the button “Submit”
- you applciation is now labelled as “Submitted”.
The selection procedure starts only if you reached this step.
Deadline: Application deadline for candidates applying for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarships Nanomedicine is January 15th 2023