The Europeans Union offers Erasmus Mundus Excellence Scholarships for the Joint Masters in Medical Imaging and Applications(MAIA) in the 2023/24 academic session.
The MAIA (MedicAl Imaging and Applications) master is a 2 years’ joint master degree (120 ECTS) coordinated by the University of Girona (UdG, Spain) and with the University of Bourgogne (uB, France) and the Università degli studi di Cassino e del Lazio Meridionale (UNICLAM, Italy) as partners.
Medical Image Analysis and Computer-Aided Diagnosis (CAD) systems, in close development with novel imaging techniques, have revolutionised healthcare in recent years. Those developments have allowed doctors to achieve a much more accurate diagnosis, at an early stage, of the most important diseases. The technology behind the development of CAD systems stems from various research areas in computer science such as: artificial intelligence, machine learning, pattern recognition, computer vision, image processing and sensors and acquisition. There is a clear lack of MSc studies which cover the previously mentioned areas with a specific application to the analysis of medical images and development of CAD systems within an integrated medical imaging background. Moreover, the medical technology industry has detected a growing need of expert graduates in this field.
Worth of Award
- The EMJMD Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters in Medical Imaging are including student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme.
- This master’s degree is the right degree not just for holders of a bachelor’s degree in Informatics Engineering but also in closely related fields in either Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Industrial and Telecommunications Engineering, …) or Science (e.g., Mathematics and Physics, …) who pursue a deeper knowledge of information technology and its applications.
How to Apply
The documentation required for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters in Medical Imaging is as follows:
- Letter of application outlining rationale for wanting to undertake the programme (letter of motivation)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copy of the University Bachelor Degree or equivalent with Final Academic Transcript (English translation)* – if you do not get your BSc by the application deadline, you must provide a certificate that proves you are registered in the last year of your BSc
Certificate issued by the home university that allows admission to postgraduate studies
- Proof of level of competency in English: The minimum required level for English language is CEFR B2 proved by official English Certificates as Cambridge English Language Assessment (FCE, IELTS), TOEFL iBT, APTIS, University of Oxford (send an email to their contact address if you have another test). Applicants with scores lower than the minimum requirement will not be considered for selection. Tey need to be strict in this point since English is the medium of instruction of the course.
- 2 names of referees and their addresses, preferably from the University or Institute that awarded the first degree. They will be request them to fill an evaluation form and send them a letter of recommendation
- A copy of a valid ID document and/or passport
- 1 current passport-size photograph.
Deadline: Application deadline for candidates applying for an Erasmus+: Erasmus Mundus Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Masters in Medical Imaging is January 15, 2023