The Department of Media and Film, University of Sussex invites applications from prospective qualified South African students for the 2014/2015 Postgraduate masters scholarships. This scholarship supports South African students on one-year Masters Degree in the arts or social sciences.
Worth of Awards
- The value of the scholarship is £3,000. The award will be offered as a reduction in tuition fees and will be awarded to the students who possess the highest academic ability and potential (not made on the basis of financial need).
- Students are not able to receive this scholarship in conjunction with any other scholarship from the university.
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a place on a one-year Masters degree in one of the following Schools:
- School of English
- School of Law, Politics and Sociology
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
- School of Education and Social Work
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of Global Studies
- Applicants will have been a South African citizen for at least three years
- Applicants must commence the degree in September 2014 (awards cannot be deferred to subsequent years)
- Applicants must be classified as paying “overseas” (non-EU) tuition fees
How to Apply
- Please download and complete the application form and return it to the Student Funding Team by May 1st.
- Applicants will be contacted in early June with the outcome of the selection process.
Deadline: Closing date for all applications to be received is May 1, 2014. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection panel in June.
For more information, email: [email protected]
Click here for more details and to apply online