World Press Photo Foundation invites applications for the 2023 Digital Storytelling Contest for visual creators and storytellers worldwide.
Worth of Award
- The winners of the headline prizes ‘World Press Photo Interactive of the Year’ and ‘World Press Photo Online Video of the Year’ both receive a cash prize of €5,000 euros.
- The awarded productions are showcased to a global audience, and included in the World Press Photo exhibitions which feature the Digital Storytelling Contest.
The Digital Storytelling Contest, open to short documentary film and interactive productions, recognizes and rewards forms of visual storytelling enabled by digital technologies. The Digital Storytelling Contest awards visual stories in three categories:
The Digital Storytelling Contest is only open to entries that include the work of a professional visual journalist. Every visual journalist must provide valid proof of current professional status. Examples of documents that count as proof include, but are not limited to:
- a recent letter of reference (must be from 2021 or 2022) from a media organization, publication, production company, international documentary film festival, photo agency, photo editor; OR
- membership document from a recognized press, photography, film or media association, which represents professional members; OR
- Proof of publication of (audio)visual material from 2021 or 2020, with your name visible as credit in either online or print format from a recognized media organization, publication, or international documentary film festival; OR
- journalism union membership card; OR
- press card
How to Apply
- Register or log in to your account (if you registered for the last contest, you can log in straight away);
- Read the entry rules and categories;
- Start your entry (save it in-progress);
Deadline: The 2023 Digital Storytelling Contest is open for entries until January 10, 2023, 12.00 (noon) CET.