The Graduate School at King’s College London is offering up to 6 scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Master’s degree programme in any discipline at King’s College London commencing in the 2014/15 academic year.
Worth of award: £10,000
- Open to residents of any country (except UK & EU)
- Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme at King’s College London in the 2014/15 academic year;
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
- Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline.
- Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
- Students who are already registered on the respective postgraduate programme are not eligible to apply
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible;
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
- For programmes longer than 12 months, the scholarship will be paid on a pro-rata basis;
- As the awards provide partial funding only, applicants must be able to confirm that they have the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
How to Apply
To be considered for the award, applicants MUST,
- Have submitted a complete online admissions application for their chosen Masters programme at King’s.
- Admissions applications must be ‘complete’ in order for an application to be considered for funding, and for an admissions application to be deemed ‘complete’ it must contain all the relevant supporting documentation, such as references, transcripts, and English language scores.
- It will be the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials are submitted to the College by the funding deadline of 31st March 2014, 17:00GMT.
- Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed once an admissions application has been submitted to the College.
- Students who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2014/15, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
- Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
- Since the application covers a range of Graduate School PGT funding schemes, applicants will be asked to select the scheme(s) that they want to be considered for. Applicants may choose multiple schemes if they feel they are eligible for those schemes. Note that applicants must check their eligibility carefully before applying. Verification of eligibility will be conducted by the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support team once the application deadline has passed.As part of the Graduate School PGT online funding form, applicants will be asked to provide:
- Personal details i.e. name, admissions ID/reference number, date of birth and email address Previous qualifications
- Details about the postgraduate taught (PGT) programme
- A statement of justification
- Confirmation that they are seeking / have secured funds to cover any remaining fees/costs not covered by the Graduate School awards.