The University of Sussex in the UK is inviting applications for the CHASE AHRC Studentship Scheme in the 2023/24 academic session.
They co-ordinate the Consortium for the Humanities and the Arts (South-East England) and host 12 to 15 PhD scholarships each year. If you are an arts and humanities student, and you are successful with your scholarship application, you’ll receive support with fees and access to further funds for research expenses.
Worth of Award
- PhD studentships cover UK level fees and a tax free maintenance allowance ((currently £17,668 for 2022-3) and support funding (for e.g. conferences, placements, research travel, training courses)
- They will also have access to further funds for research expenses.
- They are now also able to offer a limited number of studentship awards to international candidates, including a stipend and full payment of international fees.
You count as a UK student if you are :
- a UK national who has been living in the UK or EU for the three years prior to starting your course;
- an EU national with Settled Status;
- an EU national with Pre-Settled status who has been living in the UK or the EU for 3 years prior to starting your course;
- a student with Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK;
- an Irish National (due to a reciprocal agreement with the UK)
All other students (e.g. EU nationals moving to the UK to start their PhD) will count as Overseas students.
How to Apply
- If you wish to apply for CHASE studentship you must first apply for a place on a PhD course at the University of Sussex.
- You will then be able to request a link to the CHASE application form.
- The deadline for the CHASE scholarship application is soon after the deadline for the Sussex application, so they advise you to apply to Sussex and to agree your supervisory team in the autumn so that you can begin work on your CHASE application before Christmas.
- Your supervisor and your referees will need time to write their statements for your CHASE application.
Deadline: Application closes December 9, 2022, 12:00 (GMT)