The Centre for Natural Resources and Development network (CNRD) of the University of Applied Sciences, Germany, offers a PhD scholarship for international students for the 2014/2015 academic session. The scholarship is on topics related to MDG 7. Selected students will get a three year scholarship to carry out the PhD research in a developing country.
Worth of Award
- The CNRD PhD scholarship program includes two phases in Germany of about three months each (one in the first year and the other in the third year).
- During the first phase in Germany the CNRD network offers various lectures, seminars, and workshops with special focus on interdisciplinary research and language skills.
- Furthermore, students participate in a PhD summer school where they present their research topic and discuss it with their supervisors and colleagues.
- The second phase in Germany will primarily be used for the presentation of the PhD thesis, discussion with the German co-supervisor and the final revision of the thesis.
Requirements for the application are:
- The applicant is a citizen of a developing country according to the DAC list of BMZ (see: http://www.daad.de/imperia/md/content/entwicklung/dac-liste.pdf )
- The PhD research is related to MDG 7 and will be carried out in a developing country
- The applicant holds a master´s degree (or an equivalent degree) in a subject with relevance to MDG 7 and passed the exam with above-average grades
- At the time of application, generally no more than six years should have passed since the applicant gained the last degree master´s degree
- A solid knowledge of English language (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL iBT 79 or equivalent) is expected
How to Apply
- Only for developing countries which are not covered by one of the regional networks, an application at ITT/CUAS is possible.
- In this case ITT will support the applicant in finding an adequate PhD program in Germany, as CUAS does not offer a PhD program.
- For application contact the regional coordinators of the CNRD PhD program where you live:
For South America:
- Universidade de São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, Brazil: Prof. Dr. Edson [email protected]
Universidade Federal Fluminense (UFF), Niteroi, Brazil: Prof. Dr. Guilherme Borges Fernandez [email protected]
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (PUCV), Valparaíso,Chile: Prof. Dr. Eduardo Salgado [email protected]
- Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí (UASLP), San Luis Potosí, Mexico: Dra. Ma Catalina Alfaro de la Torre [email protected]
- Ain Shams University (ASU), Cairo, Egypt: Prof. Dr. Aly N. El-Bahrawy [email protected]
University of Jordan (JU), Amman, Jordan: Prof. Dr. Manar Fayyad [email protected]
Central, East and Southeast Asia:
- Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Dr. Danang Sri Hadmoko [email protected]
Tribhuvan University (TU), Kathmandu, Nepal: MSc Inu Pradhan-Salike [email protected]
Vietnam Academy for Water Resources (VAWR), Hanoi, Vietnam: Ms. Pham Bao Ngoc [email protected]
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane (UEM), Maputo, Mozambique: Dr. Ramos Muanamoha [email protected]
For West, Central and East Africa as well as the South Pacific region
- applications can be directly sent to ITT/CUAS Cologne University of Applied Sciences (CUAS), Cologne, Germany: Dr. Udo Nehren [email protected]
Deadline: Closing date is not stated but you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
Click here for more details and to apply online