Tianjin University offers the Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Programme open to outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China for the 2021/2022 academic year.
In order to deepen the education cooperation with the Belt and Road”countries and to cultivate professionals for these countries, the Ministry of Education P.R.C has set up the “Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program” since 2017. This scholarship program is provided to China’s high-level universities for recruiting the outstanding young students from “Belt and Road” countries to pursue degrees in China.
Worth of Award
- Tuition waiver and accommodation on campus;
- Monthly Living Allowance:
- 2,500 RMB/month for Bachelor students;
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
- Applicants must be a citizen of countries along the Belt and Road, and be in good health
- Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
- Be a high school graduate and under the age of 25;
Language proficiency requirements:
- A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 195 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for business/liberal arts is needed.
- Applicant who fail to meet the above requirement but has HSK3 (Score 180 or above) should take Chinese language courses for one year (fees covered by Chinese Government Scholarship), and start major studies after achieving the required language proficiency.
Applicants should have good conduct, good physical and mental health, and be willing to abide by the laws and regulations of China and Tianjin University.
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website according to the application schedule.
- Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
- Students who are admitted and nominated for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Silk Road Program need to log into the system of China Scholarship Council within the specified time to submit the scholarship application(The Agency Number for Tianjin University is 10056;Choose Program Category Type B).
Deadline: applications close March 30, 2021