The Ministry of Education in China invites applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Programme in the 2021/22 academic session.
WMO Program is the scholarship established by MOE of China for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology in China.
This program supports undergraduate students, master students and doctoral students.
The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language study, as specified in the Admission Letter. It support undergraduates for no more than 5 academic years, master students for no more than 3 academic years, or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years.
Undergraduate scholarship recipients must register for Chinese-taught credit courses. Students of Chinese-taught programs without adequate Chinese proficiency must take one-year Chinese language/preparatory study. Graduate students must register for English-taught credit courses.
The two designated universities for this program are Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University.
The majors are limited to Meteorology, Hydrology and Water Resources Monitoring & Management.
Worth of Award
- This is a partial scholarship which covers a tuition waiver, accommodation, living expenses and comprehensive medical insurance.
Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health
Requirements for applicants’ degree and age:
- be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
How to Apply
- Step 1 – Apply to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
- Step 2 – Apply to your target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
- Step 3 – Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students,
- submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
- Step 4 – Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
Only applications of recommended candidates from WMO Secretariat will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Deadline: You need to apply between early November and next February