BRAC University in Bangladesh invites applications for various scholarships for international students in the 2021/22 academic session.
BracU offers excellent facilities to International students for studying in Bangladesh in various programs at the undergraduate level.
Brac University (BracU) established in 2001 is located in Dhaka Bangladesh. BracU follows a liberal arts approach to education which nurtures fresh ideas and gives new impetus to the field of tertiary education. It ensures a high quality of education and aims to meet the demands of contemporary times. Building on BRAC’s experience of seeking solutions to challenges posed by extreme poverty, BracU hopes to instill in its students a commitment to working towards national development and progress. The medium of instruction and examination at Brac University is English. BracU is accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Ministry of Education, Government of Bangladesh.
Worth of Award
1. BRAC Scholarship (A Needs Based Scholarship)
- 100% tuition and other fees (semester fees, lab fees, library etc.) waiver with food and accommodation is awarded to economically disadvantaged but meritorious students.
- Waiver is not applicable in case of Admission Fee, IT Facility Use Fee, PHR Lab Fee, Studio Lab Fee, CSE Lab Fee, Residential Fee, Library Fee, Library Membership Fee and Student Activity Fee.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.25 on a scale of 4 is required to be maintained in all the semesters.
- if a student fails to achieve the required CGPA, s/he will be entitled to a tuition fee waiver for the next two consecutive semesters during which s/he will have to regain the required CGPA, otherwise scholarship will be discontinued.
How to Apply
- A member of BracU International Student Recruitment Team will assist you to complete your admission application.
- Students have to submit all necessary academic documents to the International Office or may email scanned copies of these to [email protected]
- Students will be informed about their eligibility for being admitted once these documents have been scrutinized and evaluated.
The academic and other related documents required for admission to BracU are as follows:
- Completed admission application form
- Original Copy of academic transcripts/certificates
- Statement from your home institute which confirms medium of instruction is English
- Police Clearance Certificate from your country of origin/No Objection Letter (NOC) from your home institute
- Valid passport and Student visa
- Health checkup/medical certificates
Deadline: BracU offers three semesters in each academic year – Spring, Summer and Fall. International students can apply any time during the year. There is no application deadline for International Applicant.