Google invites applications for the Google Research Scholar Programme for Early-Career Professors in the USA in 2023.
It encourages submissions from professors globally who are teaching at universities and meet the eligibility requirements. Google hopes that this program will help develop collaborations with new professors and encourage the formation of long-term relationships.
It is worthy of note that awards are disbursed as unrestricted gifts to the university and are not intended for overhead or indirect costs. They are intended for use during the academic year in which the award is provided to support the professor’s research efforts.
Worth of Award
The funds granted will be up to $60,000 USD and are intended to support the advancement of the professor’s research.
To be eligible, applicants
- must be full-time assistants, associates, or professors at a university or degree-granting research institution at the time of the application submission.
- Post doctoral staff can only serve as co-PI, not primary PI.
- must have received their PhD within seven years of submission (e.g. applicants in 2022 must have received PhD in 2015 or later).
- Google considers exceptions for applicants who have been teaching seven years or fewer and had delays, such as working in industry, parental leave, leave of absence, etc. This exception request can be documented on the application.
- can submit one application per round.
- Faculty can only serve as a PI or Co-PI per round. Applicants cannot serve on two separate proposals.
- can apply a maximum of 3 times within the 7 years post-PhD.
How to Apply
- The application process includes filling out an online form requesting basic information and uploading a PDF proposal via the form.
- As part of the online form, you will be asked to select a topic area.
- Please select carefully, as this will help Google in ensuring your proposal is read by the appropriate reviewers.
Do not send any confidential or proprietary information in your proposal. Any information you send as part of your application will be considered not confidential regardless of any markings or designations on it.
Deadline: Submit your applications for the Google Research Scholar Programme by 11:59 pm UTC- December 1, 2022.
Submit your application form here.