The University of Technology Sydney invites applications for the International Research Training Programme Scholarship in Australia for the 2023/24 academic year.
Funded by the Australian Government, Department of Education and Training, the International Research Training Program Scholarship (IRTP) is open to highly ranked, newly commencing Research Degree students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and research potential.
The IRTP covers the tuition fees, the cost of a standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the scholarship holder, their spouse and dependants (if any), and a living stipend at the minimum Australian Government established indexed rate.
Worth of Award
Successful PhD iRTP candidates will receive:
- Tuition fee offset for 3 years maximum
- Stipend for 3 years maximum (current 2023 rate is $32,000 p.a.)
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) with Medibank for the required period of the visa. The GRA will arrange single, couple, family or single parent family, whichever is applicable to the successful recipient.
- Travel Concession (applied to local transport OPAL Card)
- must be a citizen of a country other than Australia/New Zealand, and not an Australian Permanent Resident
- will plan to undertake a Master of Research Year 2 or Doctor of Philosophy in S2 2023 (no deferrals possible)
- intend to reside in Sydney, Australia during your candidature
- meet the HDR English Language Requirement by the application closing date
- meet the admission criteria for entry into the Master of Research – Year 2 (MRes Y2) or PhD, for commencement in S2 2023
- will have a valid visa allowing you to commence your study in S2 2023
- have confirmation of supervision from an eligible Macquarie University researcher (compulsory for FMHHS and desirable for the other faculties)
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Applications for the International Research Training Programme Scholarship close on March 03, 2023, 11:59 PM (AEST).