Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC) in Nigeria invites applications for its overseas postgraduate scholarship scheme to equip Niger Delta students with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme as well as compete globally in various professional fields. in 2019.
The Niger Delta Development Commission Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Science
- Medical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Management sciences
Worth of Award
Not stated but they usually cover fees and offer a stipend for living expenses
- First Degree with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Masters Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Applicants must have gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign University.
- Applicants who have not already enrolled in overseas’ universities are not eligible to apply.
- Bond of good conduct from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC)
How to apply
The application must be made online at the Commission’s website: with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Oversea Universities.
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Successfully completed applications will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on the NDDC website.
For further enquiring please contact:
Deadline: All completed applications must be submitted on or before July 4, 2019.