The University of Toronto in Canada is offering Stipends to International Msc and PhD Students who enroll in the Institute of Medical Science in the 2021/22 session.
The University of Toronto requires that all new and continuing doctoral stream students receive an annual student stipend. A “stipend” refers to the funds a student receives during the program funding commitment period. Doctoral stream students include IMS MSc and PhD students. It does not include IMS students completing a professional degree (MSc Biomedical Communications).
Worth of Award
- The minimum annual stipend for new and continuing INTERNATIONAL students in the MSc program is $20,545.09 living allowance + tuition fees.
- The minimum annual stipend for new and continuing international students in the PhD program is $22,828.37 living allowance + tuition fees.
- You must meet their minimum academic requirements to be considered for graduate studies in the IMS.
- The original transcripts you submit are central to determining you academic readiness for entry to the IMS.
- An elaboration of the transcript (what the grades mean, difficulty of the course, explanation for low grades) can be included in the referee’s letter or by the student during the interview.
- Students are expected to have taken level 3 and 4 courses in their senior undergraduate years and are expected to have taken most courses in the general area of their proposed graduate degree.
- Academic preparation is also reflected in research skills and achievements, especially for those whose schooling ended more than 5 years prior to application.
How to Apply
- Application to the Institute of Medical Science graduate program is available online via the School of Graduate Studies Admissions Application website.
- Your application will be considered after payment of the application fee is received by the School of Graduate Studies and the complete application is received by the department.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Deadline: *The early consideration admission deadline for Fall registration is February 1. Prospective applicants applying to the February 1st application deadline must submit a complete application by this date.