Applications are invited from prospective candidates for a full-time PhD and post-doctoral research position at the Information Systems and Machine Learning Lab (ISMLL), Computer Science Department, University of Hildesheim, Germany.
Both positions are available to be filled immediately and offer tenures of three years.
Worth of Award
- The salary amounts to German TV-L E13/E14, which is roughly 40.000 to 50.000 Euro gross income per year.
- The Information Systems and Machine Learning Lab is a research group focusing on machine learning, especially predictive modelling and probabilistic methods. ISMLL takes part in several applied research projects in domains as diverse as e-commerce, engineering, media and health.
- Located in Hildesheim, the University of Hildesheim is renowned for quality research and education. Hildesheim is a beautiful town with UNESCO World Heritage Sites, located in the very center of Germany, just 30 km from Hannover.
- Applicants should have a recent Master degree/PhD in computer science, mathematics or a related area. In particular, any experience on machine learning, data mining, artificical intelligence, statistical analysis, semantic web, algorithms or data bases will be an asset.
- Applicants are expected to have strong programming skills, the ability to work independently, strong interpersonal as well as English language skills. Upon offer of a position in ISMLL
- Candidates who are non-EU citizens are required to obtain an appropriate long-term Schengen visa; further information is available from their nearest German embassy.
How to Apply
- Send your CV with your transcripts, a list of publications and a research statement in pdf format by email to Prof. Dr. Lars Schmidt-Thieme, .
- Candidates for the PhD position should also attach a letter of recommendation from your MSc supervisor or another relevant person.
Deadline :Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as positions will remain open until filled by suitable candidates.