The government of Fujian Province seeks applications from international students who want to study in china for the 2014/15 Fujian Government Scholarship for International Students.
The scholarship is in effort to further promote the development and make progress on scale, level and service ability of the international students’ education of Fujian Province, and attract more academically excellent international students to study in Fujian.
Worth of Award
The scholarship is divided into the following categories and is granted to the relevant institutions that accept international students:
- Governor Special Scholarship Program: 60,000 RMB/person/year
- International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities study in Fujian program: 30000 RMB/person/year
- international Liaison of Provincial partnership cities trainees program: Non-academic language students:30,000 RMB/person/year,granted to the student for one academic year
- Short-term program trainees:5,000 RMB/person/month,granted to the student for individual study period
- Independent recruitment program by Fujian universities:
- Undergraduate program or long term language students: : scholarship is granted to the students pursuing a bachelor’s degree for 3 academic years and students pursuing a bachelor’s degree for 4 years of 30,000 RMB/person/year
- Master’s degree or general scholar students: scholarship is granted to the student for 2 to 3 academic years with the standard of RMB 40,000 per year.
- Doctoral degree or senior scholar students: scholarship is granted to the student for 3 to 4 academic years with the standard of RMB 50,000 per year.
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
- Education background and age limit
- Applicants for Governor Special Scholarship Program must recommend by the provincial partnership cities and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for International Liaison of Provincial partnership cities trainees program and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for Independent recruitment program by Fujian universities includes:
- Applicants for undergraduate program or long term language must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for master’s degree programs must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have bachelor’s degree or completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or above and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants should meet the language requirements of the higher education institutions.
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
How to Apply
- The applicants must fill in and submit the following documents truly, correctly and completely:
- Application Form For Fujian Government Scholarship
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application.
- Original and photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form printed by Chinese quarantine authority for students who apply to study more then 6 months or above.
- A study plan (400 words or above) or research plan (800 words or above)
- Applicants for music and art are requested to submit the applicants’ own works
- Students under age 18 should submit relevant legal documents from their guardians
- Application documents will NOT be returned
Deadline: Applicants should hand in applications within written forms or apply online from January to April each year.
Click here for more details and to apply online