Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica invite applications for the Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator in Zambia in 2023.
The Incubator is Africa’s leading incubator programme for female-founded businesses. Businesses aligning with calls for more diversity in technology, and entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with @iBizAfrica Centre, Strathmore University.
The program combines world-class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program. This program focuses on
- immersive learning,
- mentorship & coaching,
- seed financing, and
- business-to-business linkages for high-potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Worth of Award
The benefits of this programme include
- Three (3) months of learning experience in business management and operations
- Personalized mentorship for all participants & their business needs
- Access to legal, accounting, financial planning & tech support
- Access to networking opportunities with fellow successful applicants and industry experts
- An opportunity to join BongoHive’s supportive Alumni Network
- $10,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five (5) finalists from the incubation programme to assist with the implementation of technology in their businesses
- Five (5) months ongoing support from Standard Chartered, BongoHive & a network of coaches and mentors to assist with go-to-market strategies and scaling-up for the top five (5) finalists
Standard Chartered is seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds of women-led startup teams using digital technology as a key driver of innovation in business. Similarly, the business
- owner must be a Zambian female founder or co-founder over 18 years of age with an equal or majority stake
- must be based and operating in Zambia
- must already be using digital technology, or have a clear need to incorporate digital technology to enable their business to grow
- owner must be of Zambian nationality
- must have been registered with PACRA for at least 3 months
- owner may be seeking support for customer, product, and/or business model development
- The top 5 winners of the incubation programme must be able to attend a 5-month acceleration programme from 21st June to 21st November
- The prize fund is primarily for building the digital technology and any balance to be used in the business
- Key persons of the business (preferably 2 founders) must be available to undertake the 3-month incubation programme from March to May 2023
How to Apply
All applications for the Standard Chartered Women Technology Incubator should be made online via the official website.
Deadline: The applications closes on February 14th, 2023.