The German Academic Exchange invites applications for the DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship Programme in Sub-Saharan Africa in the 2022/2023 academic year.
The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master’s or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
- Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Graduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
Worth of Award
Scholarship recipients receive
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
While In-Region scholarship holders receive
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
- The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme. These are students who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
How to Apply
Feel free to make your application for the DAAD In-Country In-Region Scholarship online via the official website.
Deadline: December 9, 2022 for Federal University of Technology Akure and Benue State University in Nigeria.