The University of Adelaide in Australia invites applications for Refugee and Humanitarian Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships in the 2021/22 academic session.
The University of Adelaide was founded with a noble goal: to prepare, for South Australia, young leaders shaped by education rather than by birth or wealth. We have a strong commitment to creating an educational experience for all students that is high-quality and distinctive, one that is without borders. The Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships have been established in recognition of the financial hardships that are faced by students from a refugee background and will support these students to fulfil their aspiration of studying at the University of Adelaide.
Worth of Award
- The Adelaide Refugee and Humanitarian Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships provide a 100% tuition fee & Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF) Scholarship for students commencing postgraduate coursework programs in Semester 1, 2021 who have not previously undertaken any University study in Australia.
- In addition to the tuition fee & Student Services & Amenities Fee Scholarship, Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship recipients will also receive a once-off payment of $2,500 in April of the first year of their program.
To be eligible to be considered for the Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship, applicants must:
- gain admission to a postgraduate coursework program of study commencing in Semester 1, 2021 (i.e. hold a Letter of Offer, and meet any academic and English language proficiency conditions outlined in that Letter of Offer); and
- be holders of a Bridging Visa E (BVE) or Temporary Protection Visa (subclass 785) or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV); and
- be able to provide evidence of their financial capacity to support themselves through study.
- If required, applicants will be ranked by academic achievement and preference will be given to South Australian residents.
How to Apply
- Applicants may only apply for this Scholarship once they have received a Letter of Offer from the University of Adelaide, and have met any academic and English language proficiency conditions outlined in that Letter of Offer.
- Applicants who have not met all conditions outlined in their Letter of Offer before the Scholarship Application closing date will not be considered for the Scholarship.
- Applicants who need to undertake an IELTS or other English language test accepted by the University are encouraged to book into a test at the earliest opportunity
Deadline: Applications close 5 pm, Friday January 29, 2021.