Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE) in Germany invites applications for the FASPE Journalism for Students and Early Career Journalists in Germany in 2023.
FASPE Journalism challenges its Fellows to recognize their responsibility to act as ethical leaders in their careers in journalism and the media. It begins by examining the actions and choices of German and international journalists in covering and supporting Nazi policies. Then it draws on this historical example to help Journalism Fellows grasp their role and responsibility as individuals with influence in their communities and to lead them to identify and confront the ethical issues currently facing journalists and media institutions at large.
Worth of Award
- Each year, the programme awards fellowships to 14 to 16 journalism students and early-career journalists.
- Fellows spend two weeks in Berlin and Poland, where they visit key sites of Nazi history and participate in daily seminars led by specialized faculty.
- The program couples the power of place with academic rigour and many informal opportunities for creative exchange.
FASPE Journalism applicants must fit into one of the following two categories:
1) have some journalistic experience (whether in a college newsroom or otherwise) and be enrolled in a graduate program of any kind and planning to work as a journalist; OR
2) be working as a journalist with less than 10 years of professional experience.
It is important to note that reference will be given to candidates who have journalistic work that has been published or aired by a recognized news organization.
How to Apply
Apply online via the official website.
Deadline: Apply until January 3, 2023.