The University of Amsterdam invites applications for a PhD candidate in AI and Automation in the Media Sector in the 2021/22 academic session.
The Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR) is the research institute for the Communication Science department at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences. The Institute for Information Law (IViR) is one of the leading research institutes in information law worldwide, and part of the Amsterdam Law School.
They are seeking one PhD candidate for our interdisciplinary research initiative (ICDS) with either a communication or legal background to work on the legal implications and/or implications for users and democracy of the growing automation and datafication in the media, charting changes in the media sector as a consequence of automation and datafication
You will conduct research in the ICDS-team. The research is group based in Amsterdam, and you will be part of a larger community of communication science and legal scholars as well as ethicists and computer scientists.
You will work on an article-based PhD dissertation and contribute to the overall research activities of ICDS.
Worth of Award
- Your salary will be €2,395 gross per month in the first year and will increase to €3,061 in the final year, based on full-time employment and in keeping with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities
- Secondary benefits at Dutch universities are attractive and include 8% holiday pay and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- A completed Master’s degree in Communication or Law by February 2021.
How to Apply
- Send them your cover letter
- You may apply online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is October 19, 2020. Interviews will take place in Mid November. #LI-DNP.