The University of Portsmouth invites Nigerian and Ghanaian students who applied for one of the following full-time taught master’s postgraduate degrees in the university to apply for the 2014/15 scholarships. The courses are:
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences:
- MSc Engineering Geology
- MSc Geological and Environmental Hazards
- MSc Environmental Geology and Contamination
- MSc Crisis and Disaster Management
Department of Geography:
- MSc Geographical Information Systems
- MSc Coastal and Marine Resource Management
Worth of Award
- The scholarships will be in the form of a 20% fee reduction from any tuition fee but please note, it cannot be taken in conjunction with any other fee reduction or bursary offered by the University.
- The scholarship is a one-off award towards a one year Masters fees and is non-renewable and only valid for study on the courses listed above.
- The scholarship is open to applicants from the following countries:
- Nigeria: Scholarship is open to all Nigerian applicants who hold a minimum G.P.A 3.0/5 (which is a high Second Class Lower) in a relevant subject.
- Ghana: Scholarship is open to all Ghanaian applicants who hold a minimum of a Second Class Upper in a relevant subject.
You can apply to be considered if you:
- Are fully self-funding
- Have Ghanaian or Nigerian nationality
- Have applied to, been offered and accepted a place on, the postgraduate degree of your choice (conditional or unconditional firm offer).
- Have satisfied academic conditions detailed above and have met financial conditions including payment of non-refundable deposit.
How to Apply
- Please complete the Scholarship Application Form online via their website and submit this to their International Admissions Centre either via email or post (details below).
- Successful scholarship applicants will be required to accept their place on the programme within four weeks of notification in order to obtain the reduction in the fee.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted not later than July 31, 2014
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, email: [email protected]