The Canada-Africa Research Exchange Grants supports short-term exchanges between Canadian and African universities and research institutes that address the International Development Research Centre research themes. As well as joint research activities. The program also provides some support to activities aimed at improving student training at the graduate level. Worth of Award
- Support through this program will be cost-shared on a 2:1 ratio by the program and the partner institutions, respectively.
- The maximum value of each grant will be $40,000.
- Applicants from Canada and the following African countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- The project must involve at least one lead researcher from Africa and one from Canada.
- Please download the application from the grant website for full eligibility requirement
How to Apply Researchers may submit their application to AUCC in English or French. Their application must include the following:
- The eligibility checklist.
- General project information, including a summary of the proposed project.
- A narrative description of the proposed activities that addresses all points outlined in the application form, not exceeding nine pages.
- A signed budget summary with budget notes as per the application form.
- A one-page letter of support signed by the director, dean or head of department from the Canadian institution(s).
- A one-page letter of support signed by the director, dean or head of department from the African institution(s).
- Curriculum Vitae for each of the lead Canadian and African researchers participating in the project. Each CV must not exceed two pages and should address the researcher’s relevant work experience, academic qualifications, credentials, funded research and publications.
- An electronic copy of the application, preferably submitted as one PDF document (complete with signatures) must reach AUCC at [email protected] by the deadline.
Deadline: application closes on February 18, 2014 Click here for details and download the application form