Macquarie University, Australia, invites applications for the 2014-2015 Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship, which covers full international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree
Worth of Award
- The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship is available across most courses* to cover a range of full international tuition fees for study on campus at North Ryde in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
- The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
- This scholarship is not available to students studying at Macquarie City Campus or the Sydney Institute of Business & Technology (SIBT).
- Annual renewal of the Vice-Chancellor’s international Scholarship is subject to satisfactory performance in the Macquarie University degree program.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
- Have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.7 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 96 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University
- You are enrolled at Macquarie City Campus or SIBT
- You currently received full scholarship from Macquarie University you must wait at least one year after you complete your current degree to apply another full scholarship.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Online course application will enable you to select your course and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online MUIS application form.
- To apply for the Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship, applicants must nominate two referees to complete a Referee Report and applicants must also provide a ‘Statement of Purpose’ of approximately one page outlining their interest in the scholarship program and indicating how the academic qualification will benefit themselves and their community.
- Applicants must complete an online MUIS application form.
- Applicants must indicate on the MUIS application form which scholarship they are applying for:
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Undergraduate
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship Postgraduate
Deadline: Application closes on April 30, 2014. The deadline for the second session is September 30, 2014
For details and to apply online, click here.