Agora Spółka Akcyjna invites applications for the “Krzysztof Miller Prize for having the courage to look” competition for the best photographic material in 2020.
“The Krzysztof Miller Prize for having the courage to look” is awarded every year in
December for the best photographic material in the previous year. The purpose of
the Competition is to promote photography of exceptional journalistic value, unique
in terms of having a deep, fair and courageous insight into difficult social, political,
economic and cultural issues.
The participants may send in photographic material concerning any social, political, economic or cultural issues for the main category of the Competition and, additionally, for the newly created “Liberty, solidarity, tolerance” category – the Gazeta Wyborcza Foundation Prize. The competition jury appointed by Agora will select winners of the main prize and the “Liberty, solidarity, tolerance” – the Gazeta Wyborcza Fundation Prize from among the photographic material received.
The jury will select the 7 (seven) best works. Subsequently, the jury will select the winner of the main prize (for the best photographic material of the year) and the winner of the “Liberty, solidarity, tolerance” – the Gazeta Wyborcza Foundation Prize from among the 7 (seven) nominees whose works were considered to be the best
Worth of Award
- the winner of the main prize in the Competition, i.e. the prize for the best photographic material of the year, will receive a cash prize of PLN 10,000 (ten thousand zlotys);
- the winner of the “Liberty, solidarity, tolerance” – the Gazeta Wyborcza Foundation Prize will receive a cash prize of PLN 3,000 (three thousand zlotys).
- A Participant may submit for the Competition photographic material prepared
individually (referred to as individual work) or photographic material prepared by
a group of persons, e.g. photographers – members of one photographic agency,
etc. (a collective work).
- Each Participant may submit for the Competition up to 3 (three) works. Any photographic forms (including picture stories, documentaries, portrait series, landscape series, etc.), made using any technology (including professional photographic equipment, as well as a mobile telephone, etc.) may be submitted for the Competition, provided that they comply with the technical requirements (longer side minimum resolution: 3000 px, RGB or grey scale or maximum quality jpg; photographs submitted for the Competition can only be processed using normal darkroom processes; any photomontage is unacceptable).
How to Apply
- In the period from 7 September (12:00 hrs) to 21 October 2020 (23:59 hrs), the
Competition Participants shall send to the Organizer, using the competition form
available at www.wyborcza.pl/nagrodakrzysztofamillera, the following information:
- given name and surname, e-mail address, and attach photographic material consisting of no fewer than 7 (seven) and not more than 12 (twelve) photographs on any social, political, economic or cultural subject (hereinafter: “the work”).
- At least 4 (four) out of 7 (seven) photographs constituting the photographic material submitted for the Competition must be taken in the period from 01 September 2019 to 01 September 2020.
Deadline: Details should be sent by October 21, 2020.