African Union Office of the Youth Envoy offers Award to young peacebuilders behind innovative and impactful Silencing the Guns initiatives in 2020
As part of Youth Silencing the Guns Campaign “ Advancing Youth Roles and Capacities to Silence the Guns” launched by the African Union (AU) on 24th July 2020, the Office of the Youth Envoy (OYE) in collaboration with partners will provide grants to youth projects through Youth STG Awards to celebrate, elevate and recognise youth impact in the communities with concrete support to grassroots efforts, as well as amplify young peacebuilders initiatives and stories through wide platforms.
Due to the challenges with COVID-19 outbreak, instead of the Youth Silencing the Guns Campaign initially planned continental tour to member states on the ground, the OYE is convening Regional Intergenerational Dialogues. The outcomes of OYE engagements will feed into the youth declaration and AU Youth Envoy briefings to the both AU Peace and security Council and UN Security Council.
Worth of Award
- Recognition for their work
- $2000 up to $5,000 grant funding to support their existing peacebuilding projects
- Featured at the African Union and partners platforms
- Nominee must be aged 15 – 35 by 30th November 2020 (as per African Youth Charter definition of youth)
- Nominee must be national and living in one of the African Union member states
- Nominee must fit in one of the 6 award categories and directly address one of the thematic areas
- Nominee’s project must have demonstrated impact in peacebuilding and directly impact to at least 300 people
- Nominee’s complete contact information provided
- Nominee must be committed to report on Monitoring and Evaluation of how the grant/Award supported the work of their projects
- Nominee’s project must be apolitical in nature and must not be operated for profit
How to Apply
Deadline: Nominations will be accepted until November 16, 2020(Extended)