The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK) invites international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey to apply for its 2014-2015 graduate scholarship grants.
The scholarship covers fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Worth of Award
- A monthly stipend of 1,500 Turkish Liras (TL) for MSc/MA students
- A monthly stipend of 1,800 Turkish Liras (TL) for PhD students
- Tuition Fee (up to 2,000 Turkish Liras)
- A monthly allowance for health insurance coverage for the award holder only.
- Maximum duration for the scholarship is 2 years for the Masters and 4 years for the PhD program.
- All scholarship awardees who successfully complete a Master’s program will be rewarded scholarship for a PhD program on the condition that they are admitted to a program at a Turkish University.
The scholarship is open to all students who want to undertake a graduate degree program in Turkey on the following conditions:
- Applicants must be 30 years old or younger for the MSc/MA programs and 35 years old or younger for the PhD programs on the first day of the application period.
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who hold a Bachelor’s degree or who are currently enrolled in their fourth year of college are eligible to apply for scholarship for the MSc/MA programs.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in an MSc/MA program in Turkey are also eligible for the scholarship on the condition that they have not yet completed their third semester in the program.
- Applicants holding an MSc/MA degree or currently enrolled in a master’s program who intend to enroll in a PhD program in Turkey are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a PhD program in Turkey are also eligible to apply on the condition that they have not yet completed their six semester in the program.
How to Apply
- Application form (This form is filled electronically on the online application portal)
- Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information)
- Copy of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree* (If any)
- Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts* (If any)
- A motivation letter (Statement of purpose)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- Certificates of achievement (if any)
* The documents must be English or Turkish. Officially translated copy of the documents can be used in the application.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the scholarship must send the original copy of required documents in order to be able to use their scholarships.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2014 are:
Round 1: application closes on March 7 2014
Round 11: Application opens August 4 and closes on 12 September 2014