The UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office is inviting applications for the Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship for mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership in 2022.
The fellowship is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
The fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office.
Fellows will undertake an eight-week course covering the following main themes:
- Leadership for government and public policy
- Public policy analysis and management
- Evidence-based policymaking
- Policy delivery mechanisms and measuring policy impact
- Personal public service leadership and impact
- Strategy setting, transparency, accountability and stakeholder engagement
- Manage change in public policy
Additionally, there will be study visits to, and project opportunities with, a variety of UK and EU government organisations. All participants will have an opportunity to study on a ‘real-life’ policy-based project and this may be accompanied by a short placement in an appropriate government agency. In addition to expert tutor-led sessions and interactive workshops, the programme will include specialist guest talks from experienced government leaders and policymakers, as well as formal and informal networking opportunities.
This fellowship programme will commence in June 2021.
Worth of Award
Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from Ethiopia to the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Ethiopia and currently live in the country
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship
- Have at least seven years’ relevant public service experience prior to applying
- Have a postgraduate level qualification, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application
- Have excellent written and spoken English to be assessed by fellowship assessment panel
- Already be, or aspire to be, a senior leader in the Ethiopian public service
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership development and innovation
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship
How to Apply
Applications are online. Visit the website and fill in the online application form.
Deadline: Application closes November 2, 2021.