The French Institutes for Advanced Study FIAS invites applications for the French Institutes for Advanced Study Fellowship Programme for high-level International Scholars and Scientists in 2022.
The Programme offers 10-month fellowships in the six Institutes of
- Aix-Marseille: 4
- Loire Valley (Orléans-Tours): 3
- Lyon: 10
- Montpellier: 3
- Nantes: 4
- Paris: 13
It welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists primarily in the fields of the social sciences and the humanities (SSH).
The call is open to all disciplines in the SSH and all research fields. Research projects from other sciences that features a transversal dialogue with SSH are also eligible.
Worth of Award
- A net living allowance (equivalent to take-home pay) of min. €2,700 per month: It will be delivered to all fellows in the context of a work contract (via their home institutions or via the IAS hosting the fellowship).
- Accommodation or support for relocation is also provided for successful applicants. FIAS will provide fellows with accommodation suitable for their family situation (from studios to 5-room apartments).
- FIAS awards fellowships to outstanding researchers of all career levels, from postdoctoral researchers to senior scientists.
- The minimum requirement is a PhD + 2 years of research experience at the time of the application. Exception will be made for scholars with a Master + 6 years of full-time research experience after the degree (PhD training will not be considered in the calculation of experience).
- Researchers from all countries are eligible to the FIAS Fellowship Programme but they must have spent no more than 12 months in France during the three years prior to the application deadline.
How to Apply
The requested application material (in English exclusively) will consist of the completed online application form as well as
- detailed curriculum vitae with a comprehensive list of publications
- copy of the diploma
- detailed research proposal (maximum 5 pages and a bibliography – 1 additional page)
- selection of three to five publications (articles or book chapters)
- letter of support/interest by an IAS’s local scientific partner -only requested and mandatory for Le Studium (Loire Valley IAS), for the Collegium de Lyon, for MAK’IT (Montpellier IAS), and for the Paris IAS.
- Optional: Up to two letters of recommendation
Deadline: June 2nd, 2022, 6:00 pm (Paris, France time) is the application deadline for the French Institutes Advanced Study Fellowship.