The Curtin Canning College Science International Bursary opens to international students enrolling at Curtin University in 2014 who have demonstrated a high-level of academic achievement in their studies at Canning College, and obtained an ATAR of 96 or above or equivalent in 2013.
Worth of Award
- The bursary will provide a cash payment of $500 per semester (based on a full time study load of 100 credit points each semester) to assist with costs associated with studying for the normal expected duration of the degree for which the scholarship is offered.
- Payments occur past census date each semester. Payments will be made approximately mid-end April and September each year.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for a Curtin Canning College Science International Bursary:
- Be a Canning College student in 2013
- Receive an ATAR equivalent of 96.00 or above through Canning College in 2013
- Be an international student and hold a valid Student Visa – Higher Education (Subclass 573)
- Have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible science degree at Curtin University
- Be commencing the first semester of their undergraduate degree at Curtin University, in semester 1, 2014
How to Apply
- An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached to the Scholarships Office at the Bentley campus.
- Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed
- For a list of all documentation required for an application, please see the ‘supporting documentation and application checklist’ at the back of the application form.
- All documents must be certified copies of originals.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- 2013 ATAR equivalent through Canning College
- Academic Merit
- Responses to questions in application
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an undergraduate Science degree at Curtin University in 2014
- The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email in mid-January
- In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
Applications Should Be Sent To:
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
Perth WA 6845
Deadline: Application closes on January 31, 2014
For details and to apply online, click here
For details on certification, Click here