Do it Now Now is offering the AfriTech XYZ Innovation Prize for Africa’s best early-stage tech innovations in 2021.
Africa is the next frontier of the human population. With over 2.2 billion people expected to live on the African continent in 2050, a lot needs to be done now to ensure that we, Africans, have the skills and tools necessary to build and develop our communities.
They work with African tech entrepreneurs and provide them with the mentoring and networks they need to build tech that will contribute to a better future for Africa.
They believe in the importance of ecosystems, so we’ve built one filled with key stakeholders across the entire spectrum of need that an African tech startup faces on its journey to scale internationally. From government officials, experts in academics, culture and tech, NGOs, professionals in law, PR, finance and more, funds of all sizes, incubators and accelerators.
Their network members are interested in getting in on the ground floor of tech innovations in Africa. They trust them to identify the best early-stage startups on the continent and prep them to receive the level of support they’re able to provide.
Worth of Award
- The winner will receive £1000 cash and the finalists will receive $3,000 in Google Cloud Credits and $10,000 in AWS credits.
- Up to 5 years active
- Must be incorporated
- Majority of your team schooled in Africa
- Must have at least 1 woman in your senior leadership team
- Must not have received more than £50K investment
- Must have a working prototype
- Must have an active customer base
How to Apply
- They want to know the headline about your organisation. From this information, They’ll select a shortlist to provide more information about your organisation.
- They’ll ask for more information about your organisation, your team and your development as a business so far. From this information they will shortlist those that will pitch LIVE to a global audience.
Deadline: applications close September 15th, 2021.