Copenhagen Business School in Denmark invites applications for a Postdoc in the area of Enterprise Foundations, in the 2021/22 academic session.
Enterprise foundations are foundations that own companies. Other widely used terms are industrial foundations or corporate foundations. Typically, the foundations are charitable, but they also play an important role as business owners. The structure is common in Northern Europe, particularly in Denmark, and poses special challenges and opportunities for corporate governance. For example, enterprise foundations often aim to be responsible long-term owners, but maybe constrained by limited access to external finance. Enterprise foundations are seen as role models for purposeful companies. Previous research in the area is summarized in the homepage of the centre’s research project on enterprise foundations.
Copenhagen Business School would like to appoint a suitably qualified person to a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Enterprise Foundations.
This position is designed for an individual with strong research potential at an early stage of an academic career. Prior knowledge of enterprise foundations is not required or expected, but experience with corporate governance research is clear advantage. The qualified candidate must hold a PhD. Degree or equivalent and be proficient in quantitative empirical research.
The post is available for a fixed term of two years from 1 December 2020 at the Centre for Corporate Governance (CCG). CCG is an interdisciplinary research centre with a strong track record in corporate governance and in international business and is one of the leading corporate governance centres in Europe. CCG is hosted by the Department of Accounting (ACC) at Copenhagen Business School.
Historically, the core research areas of CCG are (1) Corporate Governance and Corporate Performance, (2) Enterprise Foundations and Long Term Ownership, (3) Board Work, and (4) Governance, Risk, Management and Compliance (GRC).
The postdoc will work with the research group in enterprise foundations and long-term ownership with access to its unique datasets.
It is the ambition of the Department to be in the international frontline in these research areas; to publish research results in leading international journals; to have an excellent research environment; to seek synergy between research and teaching, and to have a strong partnership with the business community.
Worth of Award
- Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
- The applicant must hold a PhD. In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed on research potential, including intellectual leadership.
- Emphasis is placed on research relevant to the job description. The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
How to Apply
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system.
Your application must include:
- A summary of the candidate’s main strengthens and abilities.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 5 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration)
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level.
- Transcript(s) and a full CV
Deadline: Application closes on September 1, 2021.