Climate Tracker invites applications for the Climate Journalism Mentorship for Young Media Professionals (Global) in 2021
This online training programme which will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship with us! As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate feature story each month on through their site. Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout their networks. Their aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce.
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Your Commitment as A Selected Fellow
Once selected, they will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos – including 1 collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region.
- 1 Instagram live session throughout the 3 months
- 1 podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues.
Worth of Award
- Get paid a $150USD per story for the duration of the Fellowship!
- Successful applicants will enjoy a 3-month fellowship and mentorship programme and work together with a diverse group of journalists from around the world.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Be 18-35 years old
- 1 year of journalism experience min
- A hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience
- A history of writing quality climate stories
- Ability to take good quality photos
How to Apply
- Applicants should sign up on the website and apply
Deadline: Application for Climate Journalism Mentorship closes on December 1, 2020.