Astellas Rx+® is inviting applications for the Healthcare Innovation Challenge to Improve the quality of life of people with sensory disabilities and individuals with restricted access to healthcare in 2020.
Astellas is committed to creating a world where individuals can lead mentally and physically healthy lives by providing adequate healthcare solutions other than traditional medication, through the Rx+® business. Unfortunately, optimal solutions do not always exist, particularly for sensory-disabled people and individuals with restricted access to medicine.
If you have any idea or solution which could help sensory-disabled people or improve access to medical care for individuals who are limited due to geographical, financial, physical restrictions or for whom current medical solutions are insufficient, we would love to hear from you! Astellas is looking for Health-tech or cross-industry solutions which can free patients from daily life problems caused by diseases and disabilities.
Take your solution to the next level by participating in this challenge! You stand a chance of winning financial support for a Proof of Concept to develop your project with the support of Astellas, a global and innovative pharmaceutical company.
Worth of Award
- The winning teams will have the chance to collaborate with and receive support from Astellas to implement their innovative solution.
- Up to US$60K worth PoCs for the winning team(s)!
- All finalists will have the chance to present their innovative solution to Astellas Management at the Grand Finals in Tokyo! [depending on the situation of COVID-19, it will be held not on site but online. Details will be announced when the date of Grand Finals approaches.]
- Astellas is looking for solutions and services that complement/enhance or replace dysfunctioning senses.
- In addition, they are also seeking solutions which could support relatives and caregivers of sensory-disabled patients.
- More specifically, innovative solutions in the form of implantable or wearable devices and digital applications, etc.
Solutions making use of the following technologies are particularly relevant:
- Neuromodulation techniques
- Digital solutions (IoT, Big data, Cloud, AI)
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Startups. A business entity or individual in the process of creating a business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription.
- Students. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years or older and with full legal capacity, who (i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or (ii) has recently graduated from a post-secondary institution less than two (2) years before the current academic year, with a student card as proof. Each student may only participate once in each Challenge. If the Participant is a minor, such Participant must provide this authorization signed by a parent or guardian to authorize the participation to the Challenge in the name of the minor Participant.
How to Apply
Register on the platform and submit an about 10 slides presentation in English (PPT or PDF format) by the deadline, addressing the following:
- Introduction of the Participant
- Key points of the project
- Business plan
- Obstacles to implementation and required resources
- Value through collaboration with Astellas
Up to 15 challengers per theme will be selected for the next round and be mentored by Astellas professionals. The results announcement will be made by October 30 2020.
Deadline: Application closes on October 18 2020 at 23:59 [GMT+9].