The University of Bonn invites applications for DAAD Scholarships for the Agricultural Sciences and Resource Management in the Tropics and Subtropics in 2021.
The ARTS postgraduate study program is designed as a multidisciplinary approach to expand students’ overall background in the basic and applied management of natural resources for agricultural research and development in (sub)tropical environments. Students are trained to develop a holistic, cross-disciplinary understanding and acquire a systems’ view of structure, use, interactions, and management of natural resources. The 24-months training involves a balanced curriculum of classroom lectures, interactive seminars on current resource management issues, hands-on training in methods and research technologies, and practical field experience in the (sub)tropics. The course language is English.
Graduates from the ARTS Master program are equipped with skills and tools to recognize and solve problems related to (sub)tropical0 resource management, thus
- making them more effective leaders for agricultural development,
- preparing them for agricultural and environmental research and development positions,
- providing an entry qualification for PhD programs.
Worth of Award
The DAAD Scholarships in Agricultural Sciences Scholarships are fully funded.
- A B.Sc. or equivalent in Agricultural Sciences or a field related to the postgraduate program with an above-average grade from a university or college
- Last academic degree completed not more than 6 years ago (for DAAD application)
- At least two years’ professional experience in agriculture is desirable
- Proficiency in English is required – TOEFL IBT 60 points or IELTS band 6 – certificate
- Age limit: 36 years
How to Apply
You have to send your complete application to the ARTS office before 15th September in the year before study begin.
List of required documents for a complete application:
- DAAD application form
- motivation letter
- 2-3 pages scientific research proposal (please send also a soft copy to the e-mail address [email protected])
- English language certificate
- Two letters of recommendation by employers (if the work is relevant to this application) or by professors who teach in the applicant’s major subjects
- degree award -> authenticated hard copy (seal or raised seal with original signature)
- academic transcript -> authenticated hard copy (seal or raised seal with original signature)
Keep in mind:
- All documents have to be in English or German or you have to add an authenticated English translation.
- An explanation of the system of marking must be attached to all certifications.
- Where applicable, add documents about practical trainings you received or work experiences.
- Online application is not possible.
- Your application has to be received before the deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline: Applications for DAAD Scholarships Agricultural Sciences close on September 15, 2020.