The Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT) invites applications for DAAD Scholarships for the Renewable Energy Management Masters in 2021.
The master program “Renewable Energy Management” (REM) provides a practice oriented and skills-based learning experience in which students develop their capacity for critical thinking, and creative problem-solving. It addresses bachelor’s degree holders principally in Engineering, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences with experience in the area of energy, who aim to deepen their knowledge in Renewable Energy Resources Management and wish to acquire management and leadership skills as well as regional and intercultural competences. These experts should have a sound knowledge base in one of the many fields of renewable energy management. They ought to be able to assess renewable energy resources and develop appropriate solutions considering the complex linkages of renewable energy with economic, social and ecological aspects.
The overall objective of the master program is to attract a wide target group in international and interdisciplinary terms, who can work in companies and institutions, are active in the field of renewable energy resources management and in particular in an international context with a focus on regions in Africa, Asia and Latin America, where the future challenges are particularly high.
Worth of Award
DAAD Scholarships are fully funded.
There is a set of minimum requirements that participants have to fulfil.
These minimum requirements are:
- Bachelor degree with minimum grade of 3,0
(according to the German System with 1,0 the best grade and 4,0 the minimum passing grade)
- Proof of a relation to the integrated water resources management through the previous studies of minimum 15 ECTS
- Proof of proficiency in English language:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, USA) of at least 79 points in the internet based version toefl.org;
IELTS (International English Language Testing System, UK), band 6 in the academic version www.ielts.org;
Cambridge First (FCE) certificate
- Additionally applicants are required to explain their study motivation on one page (in English)
- Applicants need to hand in a research idea on two pages (in English)
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted as hard copy to:
Ms. Ute Hecke
Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT)
TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences)
Betzdorfer Straße 2
In addition to the general application documents, applicants are required to hand in the following documents:
- DAAD application form:
- 1 letter of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- as far as possible: German language proof of beginners level (A1/A2)
Deadline: Applications for DAAD Scholarships in Msc Renewable Energy close on September 30, 2020.