The Institute for Technology and Resources Management in the Tropics and Subtropics (ITT) invites applications for DAAD Scholarships for the Environment and Resources Management Masters in 2021.
The Latin America and the Caribbean region (LAC) encompass a huge diversity of landscapes and ecosystems and is highly heterogeneous in terms of economic development and social and indigenous history. The region faces serious challenges such as climate change and natural disasters; and under conditions of population growth, urbanization and industrialization efficient environmental policies and programs are required to sustainably manage the natural resources.
This calls for experts they be familiar with the culture, language and politics of both sides and are skilled in intercultural communication – in short, professionals with lateral understanding and trans-disciplinary approaches for a sustainable development.
Worth of Award
DAAD Scholarships are fully funded.
In order to apply for the master programme the applicants should at least fulfil the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree related to environmental management: natural sciences, engineering sciences, geography, agricultural or social sciences
- A relation to environmental management, either by studies or professional working experience
- Minimum grade of 8.0 based on the Mexican grading system or equivalent
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Proof of Spanish language proficiency (applies to applicants from nationalities that do not have Spanish as their mother language)
- Basic knowledge of German language is an advantage for Mexican and Latin American applicants
- Highly motivated to learn in a multicultural environment
Other specific requirements for DAAD-Scholarship
- Last Academic degree not be more than 6 years old
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Minimum 2 years relevant professional experience after the Bachelor degree
- Proof of current work situation at the time of application
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
How to Apply
- You apply first via Uni Assist, After registration, you will be asked to send your application as a hard copy to Uni Assist.
- They will forward your application to TH Köln when everything is correct.
- In this case, TH Köln will inform you. You will receive login data for the university online portal and you will be able to check yourself the current status of your application.
Applicants from DAC-countries applying for a DAAD scholarship: You apply by sending your hard copy to the following address:
TH Köln (University of Applied Sciences)
Institute for Technology and Resources Management (ITT)
Ricarda Bruder Pedroso
Betzdorfer Straße 2
If you want to apply for IWRM Mena , you send your application as a one-PDF-file via Email to [email protected]
Next, to the general application documents, applicants are required to hand in the following additional documents:
- DAAD application form
- 2 letters of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date
- as far as possible: German language proof of beginners level (A1/A2)
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and, if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
Deadline: Applications close on September 30, 2020.