Startup SG in Singapore is inviting applications for the Slingshot, a Pitch Competition for Startups across the world in 2021.
Asia’s most exciting deep tech startup competition returns for its fourth year. Regardless of where you’re from, this is your opportunity to showcase your innovative solutions and products to major investors and industry leaders!
With new challenges, comes the New Normal. This year, we are calling for entries for our 5 challenge sectors, as well as the new Creating the New Normal horizontal for solutions that help businesses and society adapt in the post-COVID world.
Up to Top 500 shortlisted startups will also have the opportunity to participate in co-innovation opportunities with corporates via our co-innovation platform.
Worth of Award
- As part of SFF x SWITCH 2020 (Singapore FinTech Festival x Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology), the Top 100 Global Startups will pitch to a global audience at SLINGSHOT 2020’s Virtual Finals in November and compete for cash and grant prizes worth up to S$800,000!
The Grand Winner of the SLINGSHOT 2020 competition will receive:– S$200,000 Startup SG Grant– S$10,000 cash prize sponsored by L’Oréal
- This challenge is open to all startups across the world
- While applying, all startups will have the opportunity to participate in a bonus challenge for solutions related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participants who wish to be considered for this challenge should submit a presentation deck that answers the question: How does your solution “Create the New Normal”? (PDF presentation, up to 3 slides in English only)
- Taking the “New Normal” to refer to the post-COVID-19 era, how can your solution help businesses, organizations, and communities recover, rebound and recharge in the new normal?
How to Apply
Register on the platform and submit an up to 10-slides PDF presentation, in English only, addressing the following issues:
– Market and total addressable market (TAM)
– Value proposition and positioning
– Go-to-market strategy
– The business/revenue model
– Traction: KPI metrics & milestones
– Forecast 2021/2022
– Team Presentation
Pre-selection Phase: Projects will be assessed based on 5 selection criteria by a panel of jury members from the 5 Challenge Sectors:
– Technical Depth
– Growth Potential
– Feasibility of Business Model
– Differentiation & Impact of Value proposition
An average of 100 startups per sector will be pre-selected to progress to the Deepening phase.
Deadline: The next application deadline is August 1, 2021.