The Kroc Institute at the University of Notre Dame, USA, invites applications for its Master’s Degree in International Peace Studies aimed at preparing students for a career in public policy, political change, organizational management or conflict analysis and transformation.
The Program is open to candidates of all nationalities.
- Master’s students in International Peace Studies are immersed in professional development and career preparation from their first day on campus.
- As a complement to their academic classwork, every student takes a two-semester Professional Development Seminar, designed to enhance leadership skills, support planning for vocational direction, and sharpen tools for professional success.
- Kroc Institute faculty also advise and mentor students on an individual basis, while the Kroc Institute and Notre Dame offer many opportunities for networking with alumni and other professionals working in peace and justice related positions around the world.
Worth of Award
- Students admitted to the master’s program receive a scholarship that covers the full cost of two years of graduate tuition at the University of Notre Dame.
- Master’s students also receive a stipend for housing and living expenses, and support for the 6-month internship, including travel to and from a Kroc Institute field site in Africa, Asia, Jerusalem, or the United States.
- Graduate stipends are intended to cover costs such as housing, telephone, food, books, supplies, and travel for students while in residence at Notre Dame and during the internship.
- The Notre Dame Graduate School makes housing available to students, most of who live on campus. Off-campus rental housing also is available.
- Master’s students also may apply for professional development funding from the Kroc Institute to support travel and/or other expenses related to participation in a conference or other academic or professional event
- Application is open to students from all nationalities
How to apply
- You have to apply for the master’s admission and be accepted before you can be granted scholarships
- Apply online via their website. See link below
- They will start accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic session from September 2014.
- Increase your chances of success by preparing your application early.
Deadline: Application closes on December 15, 2014, and each year.
Click here for details and to apply online