The Mo Ibrahim Foundation invites Africans to apply for 2015 MSc scholarships at the School of African and Oriental Studies, SOAS, UK, as part of its Governance for Development in Africa Initiative. The Africa master’s scholarships are aimed at training Africans resident in Africa at one of the best universities in the UK.
Worth of Award: The scholarship is fully-funded and provides for fees, accommodation and living cost for the year. Up to 3 MSc Scholarships will be awarded
- In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure a place for the MSc by applying directly to the SOAS admissions office.
- Domicile/Residency: Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country. Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to Apply
- First, visit their website and apply for admission in a relevant course
- Once the admission place is secured, candidates can then apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a panel consisting of SOAS academic members.
- The assessment of application will be based on the information provided in the scholarship application.
- Remember that you will need to provide new reference letters for the scholarship application, separate from the one submitted for admission. Preferably, referees should send their references directly to [email protected]
Selectors will be looking at the following:
- academic achievement and evidence of critical analytical capabilities;
- supporting statement;
- evidence of interest in and knowledge of linkages between governance and development
Please note that CAS reserves the right not to award scholarships and will only award them where there are applicants judged to meet sufficiently high academic standards and with demonstrable interests in fields relevant to the objectives of the GDAI.
Deadline: Application closes on 30 April 2015. You should ideally apply for admission well in advance of this in order to secure an offer of admission before the scholarship deadline.
We advise: Carefully read the instructions for admission on their website and email them direct (not through us) if you have questions about applying.