Commonwealth Department of Education and Training invites applications from international students for its Australian Government Research Training (AGRTP) stipend Scholarship in Australia for the 2021/2022 academic year.
From 1 January 2017, the Australian Government is replacing Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA) with a single program, the Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP or RTP). As current support programs are not continuing beyond 1 January 2017, the University is required by legislation to transfer all APA recipients to the new Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship.
Worth of Award
- Travel and removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program.
- Thesis allowance
- Dependant child allowance (International students only).
- Paid medical, maternity and parental leave
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for an RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for an RTP Fees Offset a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
How to Apply
- No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered.
- Note: Applications must be complete at the time of submission, including all supporting documentation and referee reports, in order to be considered in the scholarship ranking process.
- Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
Deadline: In order to be considered in the main round of scholarships, students are required to have applied for admission by April 15 in the year of commencing their HDR Program or August 31 in the year prior to commencing their HDR program