Heidelberg University in Germany is inviting applicants for Amirana Scholarship for international students in the 2021/22 academic session.
Thanks to a 2016 initiative by two alumni from the USA, there is now a new financial support option for studying Medicine and Dentistry at Heidelberg University: the Amirana Scholarship.
The scholarship was set up following a donation from Dr Annelene J. Amirana and Dr Mahomed T. Amirana. They married after meeting in Heidelberg in the 1950s during their medical studies and subsequently worked as doctors for many years in the United States.
Worth of Award
The Amirana Scholarship Fund offers sholarships to medical and dentistry students experiencing financial hardships through no fault of their own as well as future students in these fields who cannot finance their studies without assistance.
- Scholarships are available for university applicants for Medicine and Dentistry from developing countries and newly industrializing nations
How to Apply
The scholarship application must also include the following supporting documents/certificates:
- CV with photo
- Motivation letter
- Description of education received up to now, school degrees, activities, etc.
- Explanation of finances and living situation
- Certificate of enrolment (can be submitted at a later date; admission to the
program is a requirement to receive support)
- Disclosure of whether the applicant has applied elsewhere for scholarships
If you meet the requirements, please submit an application by 15 July of every year
Heidelberg Alumni International
Reference “Amirana Scholarship Fund”
You can also send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
Deadline: Application closes July 15, 2021.