The Curtin Business School (CBS), Curtin University, invites international students to apply for the 2014 International Innovation Scholarship. This is part of Curtin University’s commitment to innovation and excellence in teaching and research, for the benefit of our students and the wider community.
Curtin is renowned for producing innovation and academic excellence that ultimately benefits the wider community. Students applying for the CBS Innovation International Scholarship are required to show insight and creative ideas in relation to their future profession and demonstrate a strong understanding of their chosen course of study.
Worth of Awards
- The scholarship will provide a cash payment of $2,500 per semester (based on a full time study load of 100 credit points each semester) to assist with costs associated with studying for the normal expected duration of the degree for which the scholarship is offered.
- Payments occur post census date each semester. Payments will be made approximately mid-end April and September each year.
- Business Information Systems (single major)
- Business Information Technology (single major)
- Business Information Technology and Systems (double major)
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for a CBS International Innovation Scholarship:
- Be an international student and hold a valid Student Visa – Higher Education (Subclass 573)
- Have received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible undergraduate business degree and major at Curtin University in 2014
- Be commencing the first semester of their first undergraduate degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2014
How to Apply
- An applicant must submit a completed application form with supporting documents attached by 4:00pm on the scholarship closing date, to the Scholarships Office at the Bentley campus.
- Incomplete Applications or applications missing documentation will not be assessed.
- For a list of all documentation required for an application, please see the ‘supporting documentation and application checklist’ at the back of the application form.
All documents must be certified copies of originals.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of chosen course of study through the ‘Innovation Statement’
- Academic merit
- Responses to questions in application
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible undergraduate business school degree at Curtin University in 2014
- The scholarship(s) will be awarded if there are candidates of sufficient merit.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application via email in mid-January.
- In order to accept the scholarship, a recipient will be requested to return signed acceptance documents.
- If a recipient wishes to defer their scholarship, they will need to complete the necessary paperwork that will be included with their offer of a scholarship.
- Once the scholarship has been accepted, the scholarship will commence from the first semester of study.
- This scholarship is not transferable to another major, course, faculty, campus or university.
Applications Should Be Sent To:
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
Perth WA 6845
Deadline: Application closes on February 13, 2014
For details on certification, click here
For more details and to apply online, click here