Eindhoven University of Technology, TU/e, Netherlands invites applications for the Amandus H. Lundqvist scholarship which is open to students with the best grades in their previous education at renowned universities outside the Netherlands. The scholarship comes with a three year employment opportunity with the organization that sponsors it.
Each year a considerable number of scholarships are awarded by TU/e partnered by top international technology companies.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers a period of five years: two years studying for your Master’s degree at TU/e and three years working for the company that sponsors your scholarship. In this way you will also gain international work experience and increase your career opportunities.
- The scholarships will be awarded to highly talented international students who have an excellent academic record, a high score in the selection tests and in English proficiency.
- The TU/e will match your academic background and particular skills to the requirements of the international organizations funding your scholarship.
- The ALSP scholarship consists of a tuition fee waiver and a contribution to living expenses of 5,000 euro for both of the two years of the Master’s program. This is not a full cost scholarship. During the three years of your career launching experience, you will earn a competitive salary.
To be eligible for the award, applicants must
- Have submitted a complete application package for admission to a TU/e Master’s program before February 1, 2014 for academic year 2014-2015;
- Are highly talented, excellent students who have achieved a cumulative GPA above 80% of the scale maximum in their Bachelor’s degree from an internationally acclaimed university;
- Are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”). Information on eligibility for this support can be found on the website of DUO. Please note that students who need to apply for a visa and residence permit for study are not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Comply with the Dutch visa criteria (where applicable);
- Have not been granted a scholarship by any other scholarship organization.
Eligible Master’s programs
- Students who are admitted to ANY of the TU/e Master’s programs automatically take part in the selection procedure for a ALSP scholarship.
- Eligible nationalities: All nationalities except the Dutch nationality.
How to apply
- Submit a complete application to the TU/e Master’s program of your choice. Only complete applications, including the online application and all application documents, that arrive before February 1, 2014 will be eligible to enter the selection procedure for ALSP.
- If you are admitted to a TU/e Master’s program AND you have a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 80% or higher from an internationally renowned university, you will enter the selection procedure for the ALSP scholarships.
- You cannot apply directly to the ALSP scholarships. You must first apply for a TU/e Master’s program (see below).
The selection process
- Your application to a TU/e Master’s program is also your application for an ALSP scholarship, unless you specify in your online application that you do not wish to be considered for an ALSP scholarship.
- Each TU/e Department nominates excellent students to the TU/e scholarship selection committee. The TU/e scholarship selection committee awards scholarships to the best, highly talented students. The award is based on the quality of previous education and the student’s academic performance therein.
- TU/e matches the academic background and particular skills of the student to the requirements of the organizations that fund the scholarships. The match is based on the information contained in the application package that you submitted for admission to the TU/e Master program and on a subsequent online survey conducted by TU/e.
- A one-time scholarship offer will then be made to successful candidates. The offer is non-negotiable.
Deadline: Application closes on February 1, 2014.
For details and to apply online, click here