The Association of Commonwealth Universities in the UK is offering the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships to pursue a two-year research Master’s programme at the University of Namibia in 2021.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships give talented students from anywhere in the Commonwealth the opportunity to gain a Master’s degree while developing new skills, experiencing life in another country, and building their global networks.
Scholarships are for students committed to creating change in their communities and contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The scholarships are named in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth and ACU Patron, and are fully funded and supported by numerous Commonwealth governments.
Scholars will join an active international alumni network of more than 35,000 individuals who have benefited from the life-changing opportunities a Commonwealth Scholarship offers and will contribute to the development of the future Commonwealth.
Worth of Award
Award recipients receive:
- Tuition fees
- A living allowance (stipend)
- An economy class return airfare to their Host country
- An arrival allowance
- A research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
There is 1 QECS award available at the University of Namibia.The following courses are eligible for this award:
- MSc Industrial Biochemistry (11MSIB)
- MSc Microbiology (11MMBL)
- MSc Nuclear Science (11MSNU)
- MA Industrial Psychology (13MIPS)
- MSc Civil Engineering (19MCVE)
Before applying, please check you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level (or that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate course)
- You should have an aggregated average of 65% marks or 2.65 GPA out of 4
- If you can demonstrate English language skills with an English competency qualification, this will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Please follow the below steps to complete your application.
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
- High school certificate
- Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
- Two references – preferably academic
- Scan of passport or national ID card
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Apply for a QECS at the University of Namibia, by completing an online application form.
Deadlines: Applications close July 9, 2020.