The University of Edinburgh offers one full-time Master’s scholarship in Global Health for eligible programmes offered by the University in the UK for the 2014-2015 academic session.
The scholarship will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Health Academy programmes:
- MSc Anthropology of Illness
- MSc Global Health and Public Policy
- MSc Global Health and Anthropology
- MSc Health Inequalities and Public Policy
- MSc Health Systems and Public Policy
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
- MSc Public Health Research
Worth of Award: The scholarship will cover the UK/EU “home” rate of tuition fee of up to £7,800.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student who is accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Health Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh. Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in one of the following countries.
- Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Kribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries listed above are defined as least developed nations by the United Nations Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions, geographical sub-regions, and selected economic and other groupings.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
How to apply
- You have to first apply for admission to one of the master’s programmes listed above before you can apply for a scholarships
- Eligible applicants should thencomplete an online scholarship application (see link below).
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Deadline: The closing date for applications for this scholarship is May 30, 2014.
A Selection Committee will meet in June 2014 to select the scholarship holder. The winner of the scholarship will be announced by the end of June 2014
Postgraduate Master’s Online Scholarship Application Form is here
Click here for details and to apply online