Maastricht University in the Netherlands invites international students to apply for the 2014-2015 High Potential Scholarship. The international scholarship is awarded to international students in order to encourage talented students from outside the EU/EEA to do a Master’s programme at the University.
The High Potential scholarship is awarded for the duration of the Master’s programme, with a maximum of 12 months. In case of a two-year Master’s programme, the Scholarship Committee will award the scholarship for a maximum of 24 months.
Worth of Award
- Living expenses per month- € 765
- Insurance- max. € 520
- Visa Costs- max. € 300
- Tuition fee- max. € 14.00
- Applicants must be admissible for a master’s programme or graduate programme for professionals at Maastricht University and must not be older than 35 years at the start of the academic year.
- Applicants may apply simultaneously for a master’s programme and this scholarship.
- Scholarship applicants must have obtained excellent results in their previous studies. This must be shown in the application file by including, for example, grade lists or reference letters. In case of equivalent qualification, preference will be given to applications, which show that the applicant is among the top 5%.
- Applicants must come from a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
How to apply
- Students can download the Maastricht University Scholarship application form and submit after you have applied for admission
- They strongly advise you apply for admission and scholarship at the same time
- Applications must be sent to Maastricht University. On the section Application and Selection, you can find information about how to send in the application form.
Deadline: Students are to note that application deadline varies with departments/faculties. However, most departments the scholarship deadline is February 1, 2014. So check out the department you want to apply to, find out their deadline and apply early.
For details and to apply online, click here
Click here for a step-by-step guide to apply.